Tuesday, April 22, 2008

product of my time here!

I set out to accomplish the task of creating a dress for Grace several weeks ago. I was expecting to pick out some cute fabric, cut out a pattern and whimsically sew together a beautiful dress in a matter of hours. Well was I in for a surprise! For instance, I didn't know that the directions were written in some language that Martha Stewart invented, or that you had to measure stuff exactly right or it wouldn't work right, or that if you don't measure something right or sew something on backwards, or sew the dress together so that it's not even a dress anymore, that it would take me more time to fix my mistakes than to actually make the darn dress!!!!!! My blood pressure is officially higher thanks to this project. BUT! I did finish it, and it does look like a dress. It is far from perfect, towards the end I got mad at the directions and started doing things my own way, and since I don't know what I am doing there are many flaws! However, I am very proud. Grace tried it on, and although it was the first time I've ever been scared she will rip something, I am really excited that she will have this thing forever, that I made for her!
I also need to thank Josh's mom, Amy, for her counsel, I've called her many many many times in the past couple of weeks asking her to interput the instructions for me! Thank you!

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

You crack me up! I dream in whimsical mode too ~ it's the reality that is all sticky and cluttered and impatient! Love you!

Darci said...

It looks great....very Mary Jane Butters of you :)

She is so my daughter!

She is so my daughter!

Eating

Eating

painting

painting

The lovely grandmas

The lovely grandmas

Getting ready to pray with Monte

Getting ready to pray with Monte

He Proposed!

He Proposed!

The Bride's tea party

The Bride's tea party

The Family

The Family

JR's Wedding

JR's Wedding
The guys

Fourth of July

Fourth of July
Feeding ducks and fish

flowers

flowers

The Cast is OFF!!

The Cast is OFF!!
At the pool having a juice break

My all american girl!



Giving Josh "advice"

Giving Josh "advice"

Grace at the zoo!

Grace at the zoo!
Looking at the fish with Daddy!

Bridal Party

Bridal Party

throwing rocks at fish...whoops

throwing rocks at fish...whoops


Josh and his fish!

Josh and his fish!

So happy!

So happy!

My Favorite pic in the world!

My Favorite pic in the world!


Our trip

Our trip
Enjoying the ride

Cake!

Cake!

The dress

The dress

On Easter playing with bubbles!

our deer friend Penelope

Our trip

Our trip
over the mountain we go!

Playing at the snow park!

She's my little country girl!

The adventure begins

The adventure begins
Dressed for the first day of spring!

The Perfect Night!

The Perfect Night!