What's that verse that says "don't worry about tomorrow, today has enough problems of its own" ?
I've just realized since being out here, how much I depend on my future in order to feel secure and happy today. I day dream all the time, about how God will make us a part of his story, where we will live, and so on. And while there is nothing wrong with daydreaming, sometimes I think I live so much in the future that I miss what is going on around me today. Well wake up! There is nothing dependable about the future, it could all change at anytime, and my little list making heart doesn't like it one bit! God has really shown me this while we've been out here in the woods contemplating and still not knowing what to do next. What I do like though, is what God promises us about the future.
"Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you, or abandon you." Deuteronomy 31:8
"He will never fail me" ......but my plans will. Don't get me wrong I don't think you could force list making and planning out of my brain. But I have spent sooooooo much time worrying over what is going to happen that I have missed so much of what has been happening to me in the present! So today, I am enjoying my family, I am soaking up what God has to teach me, and I am going to make some spaghetti.........and tomorrow is another story.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
She is so my daughter!
Eating
painting
The lovely grandmas
Getting ready to pray with Monte
He Proposed!
The Bride's tea party
The Family
JR's Wedding
The guys
Fourth of July
Feeding ducks and fish
flowers
The Cast is OFF!!
At the pool having a juice break
My all american girl!
Giving Josh "advice"
Grace at the zoo!
Looking at the fish with Daddy!
Bridal Party
throwing rocks at fish...whoops
Josh and his fish!
So happy!
My Favorite pic in the world!
Our trip
Enjoying the ride
Cake!
The dress
On Easter playing with bubbles!
our deer friend Penelope
Our trip
over the mountain we go!
Playing at the snow park!
She's my little country girl!
The adventure begins
Dressed for the first day of spring!
The Perfect Night!
1 comment:
First, I am so glad you had fun at the retreat. The whole condo thing sounded great. And I would have loved hangin' out with you and Mary. Two women I adore.
I loved this post. I do the same thing Leslie ~ thinking about the next thing while the first thing is still not done. I think it is how our present culture works.
Won't heaven be wonderful?!
Post a Comment