Friday, April 11, 2008
Grace Misses her friends!
We all know how scary it is to be new. I have been very blessed to have just one friend here, but one who has invited me to all kinds of things, Church, Bible Study and MOPS. It has been such a blessing but also scary at the same time. I forgot what it felt like to be new, and I DONT LIKE IT! It is fun to meet new people but I Miss all of our "old" friends. Anyway, so does Gracie. I really took for granted that when I went to Moms group or Church on sunday that Gracie was just going to be with her friends (and so was I!). She knew the nursery because she was there 2-20 times a week even just with Josh and I cleaning or whatever. And the people who watched her were people she saw all the time, and the other kids were kids she saw there and at home! It has been so hard! I also took for granted the luxury of having a child who rarely ever needed me to come get her or who had a hard time being left in the nursery! Almost everytime I have put her in the nursery since we've been here, I've come back to find her sobbing! I think we are going to take it slow, and just do church for right now. I just really hadn't thought about how she would feel......just like I do, scared and that I want my mommy!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
She is so my daughter!
Eating
painting
The lovely grandmas
Getting ready to pray with Monte
He Proposed!
The Bride's tea party
The Family
JR's Wedding
The guys
Fourth of July
Feeding ducks and fish
flowers
The Cast is OFF!!
At the pool having a juice break
My all american girl!
Giving Josh "advice"
Grace at the zoo!
Looking at the fish with Daddy!
Bridal Party
throwing rocks at fish...whoops
Josh and his fish!
So happy!
My Favorite pic in the world!
Our trip
Enjoying the ride
Cake!
The dress
On Easter playing with bubbles!
our deer friend Penelope
Our trip
over the mountain we go!
Playing at the snow park!
She's my little country girl!
The adventure begins
Dressed for the first day of spring!
The Perfect Night!
2 comments:
Hi Leslie, I visited your blog after reading Stefanie's lovely blog about her wonderful friend. :) I'm sorry to hear your move has been a hard transition for you, but hope it gets easier. Poor little Gracie! I can only imagine how you must feel to go back to the nursery and find her sobbing! I'm a new mom and despise hearing my son cry!! Good luck in your new town and I look forward to reading more about your "Great Adventure"!
Well, we are missing Gracie too! Just love on her and take it slow. I know she and you will meet friends soon. Were you referring to Mary T.? I know when she moved and started at a MOPS group, she told me she cried at her table group because the conversation was around friends, and she missed hers that she had just left so much!
Hang in there!!
Did you see Ginny started a blog?
Post a Comment