Tuesday, April 1, 2008
daddy's and potties!
So we started potty training this week. We had tried with failure once before, and I didn't think we would try again for a little while. However, this past weekend while Grace was mid-doing her business, Josh stuck her on the potty and she did it! We made a big deal and gave her praise and candy! And due to one or both of those rewards she continued to use the potty for the rest of the day! Well, Dad, who initated the potty business, left to go to work on Monday, and it seems as though the potty is a daddy-daughter affair! With me Grace seems scared almost of the potty, and then we have an all out wrestling match to get her diaper back on. (also! She's using the potty against me! because I think the only times she will sit on the potty for me she is just trying to trick me into taking her diaper off and leaving it off!) Anyways, for now Grace is an evening only potty girl. I will keep you posted, but for now I am eating her going potty candy!! (just kidding:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
She is so my daughter!
Eating
painting
The lovely grandmas
Getting ready to pray with Monte
He Proposed!
The Bride's tea party
The Family
JR's Wedding
The guys
Fourth of July
Feeding ducks and fish
flowers
The Cast is OFF!!
At the pool having a juice break
My all american girl!
Giving Josh "advice"
Grace at the zoo!
Looking at the fish with Daddy!
Bridal Party
throwing rocks at fish...whoops
Josh and his fish!
So happy!
My Favorite pic in the world!
Our trip
Enjoying the ride
Cake!
The dress
On Easter playing with bubbles!
our deer friend Penelope
Our trip
over the mountain we go!
Playing at the snow park!
She's my little country girl!
The adventure begins
Dressed for the first day of spring!
The Perfect Night!
2 comments:
Wow Leslie! Potty training at 1 and a half years old. Daph wasn't in panties until 3 years and we haven't even started Maisie yet. So hats off to you - you have more energy than me:). But I guess if I was all alone in Sisters, I might (might) tackle it.
I guess what I'm saying, is that if it doesn't work out yet, you have plenty of time and if it does, then hip hip hooray, because that is huge!
Missing you!
I found you off Stefanie's blog, who I found off her sister-in-law Becca's blog. Wheew that was tiresome!
I have to 2nd Stefanies encouragement. We just now have my soon to be three year old potty training. That isn't to say that we haven't been trying sice she was 18 months old. I think there is window when they are that old, and if you miss it you get to wait with me until they are 2-3.
Good luck!
I also find that there are certainly some Daddy only aspects in my daughter. When I want her to try a new food, I have Daddy offer it first. Never fails, she will at least try it! When I offer it I get the "You must be trying to poison me look."
Post a Comment