Josh and I have been struggling, to be honest. We thought we would know by now what we were supposed to do next, where we are going to live, and what Josh will be doing for a job. And we still have no clue. It's hard not to wonder why we even came out here, we were looking for an adventure, for something new, for purpose, and we might end up right where we left off when we started. Yesterday I realized something, or actually I think God asked me a question. I was imagining how I would feel if we stayed here in Bend, which would be "yea! God cares about us and what we desire, and I feel so blessed!" Or if we go back to the valley, "while I'm glad to be back with friends and family, why God would you send us to this place for us to fall in love with, only to send us back to where we started, no adventure, no journey, just a vacation." And I heard him say back to me, "do you really think I love you that little? And is your love for me so conditional? That I would only think that God has our best intrest in mind and cares about our desires, if I get what I want right now. Do I doubt his motives and love for me that much? I am starting to think that wherever we end up physically, our purpose for being out here was to move our hearts, not our address. This is Josh's and I's (punctuation there?) verse that we are clinging to today. From James in the Message.
"Consider it a sheer gift, friends when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure your faith life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do it's work so you become mature and well developed, not deficient in any way. IF you don't know what you're doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. YOU"LL GET HIS HELP, and wont be condescended to when you ask for it. ASK BOLDLY, BELIEVINGLY, WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT. People who "worry ther prayers" (like moi) are like wind whipped waves. Don't think you're going to get anything from the Master that way, adrift at sea, keeping all your options open. "
Thank you friends and family for your prayers! love you!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
She is so my daughter!
Eating
painting
The lovely grandmas
Getting ready to pray with Monte
He Proposed!
The Bride's tea party
The Family
JR's Wedding
The guys
Fourth of July
Feeding ducks and fish
flowers
The Cast is OFF!!
At the pool having a juice break
My all american girl!
Giving Josh "advice"
Grace at the zoo!
Looking at the fish with Daddy!
Bridal Party
throwing rocks at fish...whoops
Josh and his fish!
So happy!
My Favorite pic in the world!
Our trip
Enjoying the ride
Cake!
The dress
On Easter playing with bubbles!
our deer friend Penelope
Our trip
over the mountain we go!
Playing at the snow park!
She's my little country girl!
The adventure begins
Dressed for the first day of spring!
The Perfect Night!
1 comment:
No matter what, you will always remember these 6 weeks!
I know I look so fondly on our time in McCall two years ago - we stayed 6 weeks there. Doesn't it bring you closer to each other, to be separated from all busy-ness and comforts of home?
You are making wonderful memories right now. Enjoy these last weeks, no matter what happens.
Post a Comment