
This is sweet baby number 3. Still just number 3 as we have yet to settle on a name. He is often on my mind and my heart- I am so excited to meet him. I want to post more on our little guy later, for now a lesson of the day.
God sustains!!!! I stayed out way too late last night (though totally worth it!!!) And then slept horribly the few precious hours I was in bed. (Why I continually repeat the mistake of drinking coffee in the afternoon I don't know!) Josh's alarm clock woke me up at 5:45 or maybe I was already awake- but I laid there praying- begging God for 3 things. Help me go back to sleep before the kids wake up, help me to be patient today (and not take out my tiredness on my family) and three just sustain me- please! At that point I was kind of having a panic attack trying to figure out if I had slept AT ALL- wondering how I could take care of my kids all day long not having slept an hour. And I as I was praying I actually kept thinking- I've been here before - soo very tired, not feeling sustained, desperate, and you know what - I stayed out to late- it doesn't really have to do with God, I just stayed out to late and today is going to suck. period.
Well God sustains, and he answered my prayers. I did sleep- though for maybe 30 minutes. I was patient (not perfect) and I got EVERYTHING done today and now - instead of plopping in bed- I am blogging!!! Something I haven't done in weeks!!! It's just mom lingo not world politics or anything fancy but to me, it felt like tiny miracles all day long. For instance Gabe and I went to three grocerie stores this morning!!!!! Usually I am crying and he is screaming after one!!! Also- I baked brownies, cookies, and pumkin bread- AND cleaned my entire house- AND TOOK A NAP! AND josh didn't even come home for lunch or dinner! Again sounds silly- but in my daily life- amazing! The kids ........wait for it......................didn't fight ONCE today. .......................I am speechless! All this to say, it was amazing, I feel blessed, and God cares about my little life! (Now that I am sitting I am starting to fade- consider this a journal type entry because I am not proof reading or spell checking!!!) Good night!
1 comment:
You are amazing! It's hard to feel motivated to accomplish all that, let alone actually do it!
Post a Comment