Sunday, June 5, 2011

DISNEYLAND!

Headed for Disneyland and SO very excited!


We arrived to sunny CA in the afternoon. Went straight to the pool and ate dinner at the ESPN zone


The kids were so good on the plane!


Oh to be warm!!!



Hello Disneyland!




Best Grammie ever! Thanks for coming with us!


World of color show was great! We got a good seat. It scared gabe, he cried for 5 minutes and fell asleep.


Twins.... in more ways than one ;) (aka they agree on everything :)


I just had to get in the picture :)


The second day at dland, we met all the princess without waiting in line! (and one after the other!) Graces dream come true!


If you're dressed like a princess at Dland, all the staff refers to you as "princess" so cute!

The first day at disneyland, before totally entering vacation mode, I worried about covering ALL of disneyland, in a slightly methodical order. Wanting to make sure we covered every part of each land before moving to the next. WELL, I was remember trips to disneyland past, where my brothers and I were older. We were at the park from open to close, waiting in lines forever, went on all the rides. And it finally dawned on me that 1.) our kids are little and its going to be different and 2.) ITS VACATION. DO WHAT YOU WANT......duh!

So I LET GO! And it was better than I could have imagined. We didn't do everything we just did whatever we wanted whenever we wanted and it was glorious! We even did certain things multiple times because they were the kids favorites! (Such as toon town pictured above!) I think it ended up being a better vacation than I could have imagined. We rested when we needed too, and if the kids wanted to go back to the hotel to swim (which would have bugged me to waste precious dland time) we just did! So we actually relaxed on our vacation- amazing!!


Grace didn't want to get close to mickey. Gabe was ok but not thrilled


Our strong men!



My one regret, was not bringing the double stroller. Oh how I missed it! We brought an umbrella stroller and ended up renting a disney stroller for Grace the last two days. They NEVER ONCE napped at the same time, and I think if we had a stroller they could both sleep in they would have. Timing was hard, we almost never got it right, we would walk around and shop thinking they would fall asleep and they wouldn't so we'd say "lets go do such and such that Gabe would like" and he'd fall asleep! OR they almost always fell asleep on our way to a meal so the kids ate many a cold hamburger. oh well!




I got to cross another thing off my bucket list- a date at disneyland! SO STINKING FUN! We went out, rode roller coasters, ate treats, watched fireworks, it was amazing. I love hearing Josh just laugh (because we got SOAKED on splash mountain!) and completely relax. I appreciate how hard he works for us all the time, and loved seeing him compeltely let go and just have fun!


A true belle waiting to meet belle. Princess breakfast was SO fun! Fancy breakfast, served like a princess and chance to meet all the princesses!


So fancy!


When you wish upon a star..........


Not gabe's favorite part of disneyland






Can you say "Christmas Card"?

We love you grammie!


Grace's favorite ride was not a kiddie ride, but grizzly river run! We got soaked and she just shrieked with delight! So fun to go on it with her.


Gabe's favorite thing was the choo choo train


He even got to sit in the "little red caboose"!


We pretty much ate ice cream whenever we wanted! I had a special mommy experience with ice cream. I had said before we got to disneyland that I was already craving a mickey shaped ice cream bar. Weird- im weird about food. Well first, day we spot our mickey shaped ice cream. I got an ice cream bar, grace got an ice cream sandwhich. The ice cream bar was heaven - probably the best ice cream bar I've ever had. Grace's ice cream sanwhich was hard as a rock. And after several minutes of trying to eat at it..........I offered to switch. I know this sounds SO silly- but I LOVE ICE CREAM. And I dont just give my ice cream to anyone. SO SILLY- but I kind of had a moment, like a I love my daughter so much I care about her joy more than my own. So silly I know, but true. (and I got another one the next day :)


So one night, we decided to keep the kids up and try and catch the fireworks show. We kept the kids up till 9:30!!! If you want a good view you have to camp out for a while. We found a spot on a bench with a so so view, and sat an hour 1/2 prior to the show. We got settled, churos and hot chocolate, waiting for the show, when two disneyland employees approached us. I thought they were going to make us move. They told us they were in charge of picking a family for a disney magic moment experience. (we shrieked with delight!) They escorted us to VIP seats directly infont of the disneyland castle. The section was roped off, and the people sitting around us pay $150 bucks to sit there!!! One guy even proposed to his girlfriend! Anyways we were emerssed in the magic of disney and ecstatic. We waited and waited, ready to be amazed.........and then the show was canceld due to windy weather!!!!!! SO SAD! But cool we got picked!


Our VIP seats


Cartoons and breakfast in bed- I LOVE VACATION!


Gramie waited for two hours so grace could be first in line to meet Rapunzel! (thanks gramie) Grace got to take her by the hand and lead the line into Rapunzels house!



Such an amazing trip! We'll never forget it!

2 comments:

Kari Riley said...

so who had more fun? The kids or you? : ) Looks like a lot of fun!!! Glad you're back though. We should probably see each other some time soon.

Stefanie said...

So many good pics!!!

I just finished my recap of me and Maisie's trip on my blog today:)

I think we had similar trips except that you had a wee toddler with you...but I totally GOT what you were saying about comparing YOUR own childhood experience to theirs. I went when I was like 11 - a whole different kind of trip! So, whenever Daphne (back when she went 2 years ago) or Maisie this time said, "I don't want to go back to Disneyland..I want to SWIM!" or had a melt down etc I was like, "WHAT?!...I was frustrated that a. we were paying a lot of money and b. were they not loving it like I did? " But you are so right - it's different at that age.

I decided that when you are that little it doesn't matter if you are in Dland or at home...when you are tired, hungry, etc - they lose it. Once you get over that there is gonna be some of that stuff still, you realize it's still magical and grand and how lucky we are to get to do it with them little and probably bigger too!

Their big eyes and big grins..so worth it!

We stayed up til 11:30pm a couple nights there w/ Mais!!

Can't believe you got picked for the VIP spot - wow! Then it got canceled:( The fireworks got canceled every time I was there with Daph. With Mais it almost did and then they finally set em off.

You got best of both worlds with a date night with Josh - hurray!

She is so my daughter!

She is so my daughter!

Eating

Eating

painting

painting

The lovely grandmas

The lovely grandmas

Getting ready to pray with Monte

Getting ready to pray with Monte

He Proposed!

He Proposed!

The Bride's tea party

The Bride's tea party

The Family

The Family

JR's Wedding

JR's Wedding
The guys

Fourth of July

Fourth of July
Feeding ducks and fish

flowers

flowers

The Cast is OFF!!

The Cast is OFF!!
At the pool having a juice break

My all american girl!



Giving Josh "advice"

Giving Josh "advice"

Grace at the zoo!

Grace at the zoo!
Looking at the fish with Daddy!

Bridal Party

Bridal Party

throwing rocks at fish...whoops

throwing rocks at fish...whoops


Josh and his fish!

Josh and his fish!

So happy!

So happy!

My Favorite pic in the world!

My Favorite pic in the world!


Our trip

Our trip
Enjoying the ride

Cake!

Cake!

The dress

The dress

On Easter playing with bubbles!

our deer friend Penelope

Our trip

Our trip
over the mountain we go!

Playing at the snow park!

She's my little country girl!

The adventure begins

The adventure begins
Dressed for the first day of spring!

The Perfect Night!

The Perfect Night!