When will we be there yet?
I hung out with a friend of mine while in Bend this past weekend and I realized how seriously human I am. Josh was taking his big Physical Therapy Exam in Redmond, he did great and passed and is now officially a certified PT! Whoohoo! So while he was taking his test Grace and I went out to breakfast with our friends Mary, and her son Grant. These two were really our only friends while we were in Sisters and we were so glad to catch up with them. While we were eating breakfast Mary asked how it was to be where we are, Josh with a new job that he loves, living in Corvallis, finally earning money, looking at houses etc.. and I realized at that moment, that I wasn't happy yet with our situation, I didn't feel "there" yet. Most likely because we are living with my parents for the summer, which has been great and a true blessing. But I think I thought we would magically find a house and be able to buy it the same week that Josh found a job. (And that buying a house would somehow put us somewhere we've been waiting to be)
Anyways what struck me was that we have been waiting to be where we are right now, for like ever! For Josh to have a job and be done with school. Often (VERY OFTEN) over the past 3 years you may have heard us start many sentences with the words "when we're done with school" or more likely "when we have a job" ...... and I think I imagined life to be suddenly better, not that it was bad in school, but like we would have arrived somewhere, like life would be more figured out or something. We have all these dreams and I put them all on this shelf for later, for when we get there. And I'm sure I did the same thing before I met Josh, "when I get married" and then it was "when we have a family" WHAT ABOUT NOW???? Why do I constantly find the need to live in the future? I think that what I have discovered from this is that I don't think we will ever be "there" yet unless we are content being "here" now.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
She is so my daughter!
Eating
painting
The lovely grandmas
Getting ready to pray with Monte
He Proposed!
The Bride's tea party
The Family
JR's Wedding
The guys
Fourth of July
Feeding ducks and fish
flowers
The Cast is OFF!!
At the pool having a juice break
My all american girl!
Giving Josh "advice"
Grace at the zoo!
Looking at the fish with Daddy!
Bridal Party
throwing rocks at fish...whoops
Josh and his fish!
So happy!
My Favorite pic in the world!
Our trip
Enjoying the ride
Cake!
The dress
On Easter playing with bubbles!
our deer friend Penelope
Our trip
over the mountain we go!
Playing at the snow park!
She's my little country girl!
The adventure begins
Dressed for the first day of spring!
The Perfect Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment