Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Broken Bones and Ice cream cones

I belive that all moms battle with the desire and strive to be perfect moms, (or at least as good as the other moms they know). I , for example, will get on a roll doing my best to be cooking really healthy meals every night, teaching Grace new words and skills, getting her to say please and thankyou, buying the organic crackers that cost 5 dollars for a weenie little box, and so on and so on. I am big on milk drinking, vegetable eating, holding hands and outlet covers. I am too cautious at times and am even prone to hover. However, I am often reminded that I am not perfect, that the struggle to be such is tiresome and unfruitful, and that kids are resiliant. I learned this lesson again this past weekend. Still, 4 days after the incident it is difficult for me to write that Grace fell down a few stairs on Friday, and Saturday we found out she had a broken arm! The weekend was not fun. Grace was a trooper and remained her happy self as long as you weren't a doctor poking her arm or during what my new least favorite activity is, giving a toddler an X-ray, or getting a really hard, but hot pink, cast put on! She is doing well now, and I know that a broken arm is so small and not a big deal compared to other things that parents and babies have to go through, but even though small, it is really really hard to see your child broken, and worse to think you could have done something to prevent it! But life goes on, the great news is that she most likely only has to wear it for three weeks, at the end of which we will celebrate by going swimming!!! So to sum it up; grace has a broken arm, she's eaten ice cream every day since friday, and we're all still doing good! (I am trying to post a picture because she looks so darn cute, but my computer is acting funny so hopefuly it will work!)

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Oh Leslie - that is so sad! And sadder that it happened to you, because you are always so careful and concerned about safety. So obviously it was not your fault - although you probably took it harder than most.

Don't be hard on yourself!!

Give her a hug from us:) I hope you are eating some ice cream yourself:) ha!

She is so my daughter!

She is so my daughter!

Eating

Eating

painting

painting

The lovely grandmas

The lovely grandmas

Getting ready to pray with Monte

Getting ready to pray with Monte

He Proposed!

He Proposed!

The Bride's tea party

The Bride's tea party

The Family

The Family

JR's Wedding

JR's Wedding
The guys

Fourth of July

Fourth of July
Feeding ducks and fish

flowers

flowers

The Cast is OFF!!

The Cast is OFF!!
At the pool having a juice break

My all american girl!



Giving Josh "advice"

Giving Josh "advice"

Grace at the zoo!

Grace at the zoo!
Looking at the fish with Daddy!

Bridal Party

Bridal Party

throwing rocks at fish...whoops

throwing rocks at fish...whoops


Josh and his fish!

Josh and his fish!

So happy!

So happy!

My Favorite pic in the world!

My Favorite pic in the world!


Our trip

Our trip
Enjoying the ride

Cake!

Cake!

The dress

The dress

On Easter playing with bubbles!

our deer friend Penelope

Our trip

Our trip
over the mountain we go!

Playing at the snow park!

She's my little country girl!

The adventure begins

The adventure begins
Dressed for the first day of spring!

The Perfect Night!

The Perfect Night!