Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Weekend Away!




Oh, and I was air brushed at the sephora counter! So Fun!

















Last weekend I got to go visit one of my best friends, Laura, up in olympia. She is having her first baby and I went up for her baby shower, and to have some good old fashion girl time! At first I was going to just go up for the shower on sunday, but Laura invited me for the whole weekend, and Josh assured me he could handle the kids for two whole days! (When Josh told me I could go, I cried -I was sooo excited!) I left Saturday morning, and my brother Garret drove up with me to meet up with his girlfriend in W.A, making the drive quick and giving me such good brother sister time! I met up with Laura, and we took off to experience her very first Ikea shopping trip to get their baby room started! We had so much fun! We even ate lunch at the Ikea cafeteria! We spontaneously decided to go shopping at the mall, and then out to a nice dinner. It was sooooo nice just to catch up and talk, and fun to be with Laura as she gets ready for their baby boy! I also loved the fact (which laura you will soon understand:) that we could wander around and do whatever we wanted whenever we wanted. I didn't have to worry about anyone getting hungry or tired- but me! We ate dinner at like 8:00, I don't know why but I found that thrilling! We stayed up eating ice cream and watching a movie- and even though I fell asleep soon before the movie was over, it was nice to know that i could stay up late and sleep in!

Her shower was so fun! I can't wait to meet baby Hagen! The weekend was so refreshing- I came home a little tired ...from so much fun, but with my soul refreshed. AND - I came home to kids clean and in bed, dishes done, floor vaccumed AND FLOWERS on the table- all which made me cry!!! Thanks Josh, and thanks Laura!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

oh that sounds wonderful Leslie! You are one lucky gal!!! Glad you had a fun weekend! :)

Darci Haney said...

Oh Les.....that sounds like so much fun!! I am so glad you were able to away! Can't wait to see you soon!
xoxo
Darci

Anonymous said...

SOOOOO fun! What a great memory you two will share :-) P.S. Good job Daddy Josh!

She is so my daughter!

She is so my daughter!

Eating

Eating

painting

painting

The lovely grandmas

The lovely grandmas

Getting ready to pray with Monte

Getting ready to pray with Monte

He Proposed!

He Proposed!

The Bride's tea party

The Bride's tea party

The Family

The Family

JR's Wedding

JR's Wedding
The guys

Fourth of July

Fourth of July
Feeding ducks and fish

flowers

flowers

The Cast is OFF!!

The Cast is OFF!!
At the pool having a juice break

My all american girl!



Giving Josh "advice"

Giving Josh "advice"

Grace at the zoo!

Grace at the zoo!
Looking at the fish with Daddy!

Bridal Party

Bridal Party

throwing rocks at fish...whoops

throwing rocks at fish...whoops


Josh and his fish!

Josh and his fish!

So happy!

So happy!

My Favorite pic in the world!

My Favorite pic in the world!


Our trip

Our trip
Enjoying the ride

Cake!

Cake!

The dress

The dress

On Easter playing with bubbles!

our deer friend Penelope

Our trip

Our trip
over the mountain we go!

Playing at the snow park!

She's my little country girl!

The adventure begins

The adventure begins
Dressed for the first day of spring!

The Perfect Night!

The Perfect Night!