Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Project Time











Right around the time Gabe turned 9 months old, I started to feel ready for a project. He was FINALLY sleeping well (though we we've back tracked a little- however I'm hopeful we'll get back on the sleeping train again soon) he was starting to crawl and was a little more able to entertain himself. Even though I was, and am, still very busy with the kiddos I was feeling like my hands were finally free a little. I had been feeling very frusterated before that, at the end of each day I would be completely wiped out- but have all kinds of productive energy left, and wanted to sew, bake, create! Make! But I just couldn't I was too tired. Ok- getting to the point! One day I was in good will looking for I don't know what, and I spotted these! They were only $10 EACH!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes! I gave them a shake and they felt like real wood, so I went out on a limb and bought them! (I happened to have exactly $20 left in grocery money that week....we may have eaten eggs and pancakes a few nights that week, but aren't they sure cute;)
Anyways- I was nervous Josh would think they were junk- I often pick out things that are super cute and super crappy- but he thought they were solid too! (I think he was a little proud of me;)
The total project- end tables, paint, and sanding paper cost me 38.39!
I didn't take the best pic of the final project, but they are certainly an upgrade to our plain jane bedroom! All I need to do now is add some fun lamp shades to my boring white ones and I'll have a sweet little makeover!

5 comments:

Kari Riley said...

So cute! I love it!

Jessye said...

And they make your room look so nice!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful Leslie! I would love to do something crafty like that! Good job! p.s. I miss you! :)

Avery said...

Nice work! I love them :)

Darci said...

Nicely done dear friend....they look FABULOUS!!!!

She is so my daughter!

She is so my daughter!

Eating

Eating

painting

painting

The lovely grandmas

The lovely grandmas

Getting ready to pray with Monte

Getting ready to pray with Monte

He Proposed!

He Proposed!

The Bride's tea party

The Bride's tea party

The Family

The Family

JR's Wedding

JR's Wedding
The guys

Fourth of July

Fourth of July
Feeding ducks and fish

flowers

flowers

The Cast is OFF!!

The Cast is OFF!!
At the pool having a juice break

My all american girl!



Giving Josh "advice"

Giving Josh "advice"

Grace at the zoo!

Grace at the zoo!
Looking at the fish with Daddy!

Bridal Party

Bridal Party

throwing rocks at fish...whoops

throwing rocks at fish...whoops


Josh and his fish!

Josh and his fish!

So happy!

So happy!

My Favorite pic in the world!

My Favorite pic in the world!


Our trip

Our trip
Enjoying the ride

Cake!

Cake!

The dress

The dress

On Easter playing with bubbles!

our deer friend Penelope

Our trip

Our trip
over the mountain we go!

Playing at the snow park!

She's my little country girl!

The adventure begins

The adventure begins
Dressed for the first day of spring!

The Perfect Night!

The Perfect Night!