Monday, April 5, 2010

A few of my favorite things!


Friends!

Too much excitement!
Gabe's first Easter basket!
Such cute outfits!

Thanks Easter Bunny!

I caught a sweet moment of the kiddos playing together!


Number one. Saturdays
Recently one of my favorite things are Saturdays. It seems like we didn't slow down and catch up after the holidays till March was here, but now that we're here and the hustle and bustle has subsided a bit I LOVE saturdays when we have no plans! My favorite Saturday, at the moment, goes like this;
-"sleep in" or work out with Josh (Sometimes Gabe actually sleeps till 7 or later - SOMETIMES)
- Make coffee, put on the cartoons, and just relax
-Josh makes super yummy blueberry pancakes that the whole family loves (including Gabe!)
Then we clean up, and possibly my favorite part of the day is to bake something fun for tribe, usually with Grace's help! Then we either work on projects or have some visitors in the afternoons! It is truly my favorite day of the week!
Number two. Cooking for the kids.
I don't know why, but I love it when I get to cook a meal that both the kids can eat, and even better when we all eat it. Gabe is eating big boy food, but still can't eat everything that we eat, so I love making things we can all eat together. Example; breakfast I make one egg; Grace eats the white part and Gabe eats the yellow, one piece of toast that they share and some fruit! I don't know why but I love it!
Number three. Friends.
My favorite moment this past Easter Sunday was at the end of our service during the worship music; Grace, with her friends, running up and down the aisle with total joy on their faces. I am so thankful for the friends Grace has, I really pray that she can grow up with such a great group of friends to love and be loved by! That being said, Grace's friends' parents are truly an amazing group of people, a family indeed, who I love and am so so very thankful for! (Thats including those of you who are adopted aunts and uncles to Grace and her friends!!)
Number four. Dresses!
Gabe is finally and officially weaned! I am so excited to be wearing dresses and anything else not condusive to having a nursing newborn!
Number Five.Crawling.
He's finally got it! He's not super fast yet, and he has this akward cute little crawl but he's doing it! He's already getting into everything and driving his sister absolutely nuts, but I think he's already starting to love his newfound freedom and mobility!
Number six. This stage
Having a 3 1/2 yr old and a 9 month old. Though things do not always go how I would like them to all the time, and life is still crazy, I finally feel like we are entering a tiny bit of a smoother stage.
Number Seven. Dox Easter Morning Work Party
I didn't used to like this idea. We get up early Easter Morning and go serve the community where it needs it. This year we worked at a park, weeding, painting, pulling ivy, picking up trash. Then we have our Easter service. I didn't like it at first because I thought it would make it akward to invite friends and family ......and because lets face it, I really like the idea of wearing an Easter Dress! BUT, it was awesome! We got muddy and had fun. And It really felt like real worship. Like a true celebration of the fact that Jesus died and rose so that we could know him and have freedom in him! Plus there were lots of people running and walking around the park that morning who were like, wow what are you all doing out here on Easter! It was great!
Lastly, Number Eight.
We cancelled our t.v, which I am not loving quite yet- particularly because we've been all cooped up with the rain! But, we've been watcing all the shows we like online. So my favorite thing to do is a couple nights a week when we have nothing going on, making some popcorn and watching a few shows on our computer all cozied up in bed! I don't know why, probably because I'm lazy, but I love having a snack, watching exactly what I want, when I want, with limited commercials and then just rolling over to fall asleep instead of walking all the way upstairs when I'm done!
Obviously, it is very simple to make me happy! These are just a few of the blessings that I'm savoring at the moment!

3 comments:

Jessye said...

hooray for Gabe! I can't wait to see him crawling.

Carlton Cottages said...

So fun to read your favorite things! We will be over for blueberry pancakes around 9:00 :-)

Stefanie said...

I loved your favorite things too:) I get the Saturday one - when Mike relaxes (usually it's Sunday for us) - I feel like I can disregard my normal chores too and we watch shows and take the girls somewhere fun and just laze a bit!

Your baby is getting so big - oh my goodness! He's so cute! Just sleep more for your mommy Gabe - that was Maisie too!

Your church sounds cool!

She is so my daughter!

She is so my daughter!

Eating

Eating

painting

painting

The lovely grandmas

The lovely grandmas

Getting ready to pray with Monte

Getting ready to pray with Monte

He Proposed!

He Proposed!

The Bride's tea party

The Bride's tea party

The Family

The Family

JR's Wedding

JR's Wedding
The guys

Fourth of July

Fourth of July
Feeding ducks and fish

flowers

flowers

The Cast is OFF!!

The Cast is OFF!!
At the pool having a juice break

My all american girl!



Giving Josh "advice"

Giving Josh "advice"

Grace at the zoo!

Grace at the zoo!
Looking at the fish with Daddy!

Bridal Party

Bridal Party

throwing rocks at fish...whoops

throwing rocks at fish...whoops


Josh and his fish!

Josh and his fish!

So happy!

So happy!

My Favorite pic in the world!

My Favorite pic in the world!


Our trip

Our trip
Enjoying the ride

Cake!

Cake!

The dress

The dress

On Easter playing with bubbles!

our deer friend Penelope

Our trip

Our trip
over the mountain we go!

Playing at the snow park!

She's my little country girl!

The adventure begins

The adventure begins
Dressed for the first day of spring!

The Perfect Night!

The Perfect Night!