Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's day weekend



Mother's day weekend started off with the best saturday we've had in a long time! We had no plans, but were so productive, and none of it felt like work! It was gorgeous so we put our shorts on and planted our family garden! (Tomatoes, cucumbers, pumkins, peppers, jalepeno peppers, and some melons!) Then I re-organized all the toys in the house, re-arranged Grace's bedroom, and put my newly re-finished bedside tables (see next post) in our room! It sounds like work but it was fun to be so productive, and not be in any kind of rush! We went on a walk, made super yummy phad thai and went out for Ice cream! I have no pics to show because I was too busy enjoying it!

Mothers' day was also great. Josh and the kids let me sleep in (I got bored so I finished the book I was reading) while I waited for them to bring me breakfast in bed!!!!!! This was my request for mothers day and it was so great! I think the best part was just that I got to wait for breakfast to be brought to me while I laid in bed!!! Now the actual eating of the breakfast is a different story! So fun, but so many crumbs in the bed! (Gabe made things interesting!)

Then we had a fun, yummy, family brunch at the ever-classy eola hills winery, followed by Dox in the evening where Gabe was dedicated to Jesus! We did a group dedication, so we did it with all his little baby buddies! It was a great day!
I am soo soo blessed to be a mom. Rarely do I stop to reflect on the fact that being a mother is not a given but a true gift. It is by God's grace that he has given me the joy and the huge responsibility to love and care for my two beautiful children- and for that I am so thankful!
Thanks Josh and Gabe and Grace for such a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

She is so my daughter!

She is so my daughter!

Eating

Eating

painting

painting

The lovely grandmas

The lovely grandmas

Getting ready to pray with Monte

Getting ready to pray with Monte

He Proposed!

He Proposed!

The Bride's tea party

The Bride's tea party

The Family

The Family

JR's Wedding

JR's Wedding
The guys

Fourth of July

Fourth of July
Feeding ducks and fish

flowers

flowers

The Cast is OFF!!

The Cast is OFF!!
At the pool having a juice break

My all american girl!



Giving Josh "advice"

Giving Josh "advice"

Grace at the zoo!

Grace at the zoo!
Looking at the fish with Daddy!

Bridal Party

Bridal Party

throwing rocks at fish...whoops

throwing rocks at fish...whoops


Josh and his fish!

Josh and his fish!

So happy!

So happy!

My Favorite pic in the world!

My Favorite pic in the world!


Our trip

Our trip
Enjoying the ride

Cake!

Cake!

The dress

The dress

On Easter playing with bubbles!

our deer friend Penelope

Our trip

Our trip
over the mountain we go!

Playing at the snow park!

She's my little country girl!

The adventure begins

The adventure begins
Dressed for the first day of spring!

The Perfect Night!

The Perfect Night!