Yesterday we ventured out of our house for a full day of fun. (We've only been out of the house substantially for a handful of times since baby gabe has come into our lives)
We started with Tribe, which was great as always. Then went to papa and grammy's for a quick (unfortunately quick) nap and then off to the Linn County Fair. The last show at the fair was a band that Josh and I happen to love. Hawk Nelson was the first concert that Josh and I went to when we were dating, and one of their songs was "our song" so mushy I know! But anyways they were playing so we decided to head out and go on our first full day out. Grace had a blast looking at all the animals, jumping in the bouncy house with Ellie who we ran into and dancing her little booty off at the concert. Yes both our children enjoyed their first rock concert, it was a fun family outing. And I have to say that Josh and I may be destined (at a later less crazy less sleep deprived time in our life) to do youth ministry together. First of all there was no one at this concert even close to our age. It was basically all tweenagers and their parents. And while we were standing there very grown up like kind of bobbing our heads while holding our kids we both later confessed that in our hearts we were up front crowd surfing and dancing around with all the 12 year olds!! :)
2 comments:
He is so stinkin' little Leslie! I love him already.
Sounds like you are doing so good:)
And I always knew you were meant for youth stuff - it was so going against my grain when we had the twinkie contest at my house. I was like, "what?!". They, however, loved it!
Good for you. We haven't ventured out on a full day outing yet!
Post a Comment