I've been wanting to brag on my hubby a little bit for a while now, but haven't had the time or energy to blog much! Gabe turns one month old on tuesday and boy has it been quite a month! I have never been so overwhelmed, happy, sad, filled with love and tired in my life- more of my feelings I will write about later, but basically I've been somewhat of a mess. My emotions have really been affected by my hormones since having Gabe and Josh has truly been my life line and my rock. There have been times this past month where I've felt like I was drowning, like I didn't know which way was up and have had to literally cling with both hands to both Jesus and my husband in order to stay afloat. I know it sounds weird to put Jesus and my husband right next to each other, but it's the truth. In my heart I've clung to Christ and physically and emotionally my husband has kept me afloat. He's been patient with my meltdowns and constant tears and given me all the love and encoragement I need even though he's also tired and run down. He's always been supportive but it's been since the night before Gabe was born where Josh really stepped in and has filled in for where I am not able right now and then some. The day before Gabe was born I had contractions all day, and so that night I wanted to get his room all done, pack our bags, clean the bathrooms ect. but was way too tired to complete all those tasks, so Josh did them.......ALL of them. And I knew he was tired too so I didn't even ask him! He almost brought me to tears when I caught him cleaning the toilet without being asked!!!
Then of course, he was amazingly supportive while I was in labor. I could look in his eyes and find the confidence I needed to pull through. When we got home from the hospital I became seriously overwhelmed with breastfeeding troubles, missing spending time with Grace, and postpardem blues. Josh kicked it into full gear; I think I changed my first diaper (grace's or gabes) days after we came home, he brought me water, food, made me nap, let me take baths, and wouldn't leave or enter the room without asking me if I needed anything. When I was totally overwhelmed and ready to give up nursing Gabe Josh was reading breastfeeding books to help me solve my problems. He's bent over backward and then some to make sure that I am comfortable and happy. More then doing things for me has been the way that Josh has never tired of my tears, and brought me back to reality when I couldn't see the light at the end of this sleepless tunnel. He's always been a great husband and dad but I've fallen even more in love with him recently and can't explain how blessed I am by the man that he is!
I love you sweetie! (Hope this doesn't embarrass you too much!)
3 comments:
so, i thought you were going to be writing about how ou were falling more in love with your new baby. how happily surprised i was when it turned out to be about your husband! what a blessing! keep up the good work guys :) -- jess drake
i'll be calling soon - i'm set up for the tenth i think. can't wait to meet that boy!
Thank God for wonderful husbands!
awww that is so sweet, congrats on your perfect son! I got teary eyed reading this and seeing the new pics of him!
Post a Comment