Ok, anyone who knows me well knows that I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas. I love all holidays perhaps a bit more than normal, but I really really love Christmas. Last year, for instance, we were going to PA for Christmas to be with Josh's family. And sometime in late October Josh said to be something like, I guess we wont need to get a Christmas tree this year since we will be gone all of Christmas break" and my response was nothing but blank stares, like he was speaking a foreign language. Needless to say, we got our tree last year the weekend BEFORE thanksgiving so I could enjoy it the appropriate amount of time before we left. (The guy at the tree farm didn't even have his sign up yet!!)
Don't get worried though, I did not bring home a Christmas tree before Halloween, although I hadn't thought of that before, a fake Christmas tree could be brought home whenever! Anyways, someone that Josh works with has a grandpa who owns a Christmas tree farm outside of Corvallis, and he lets people come as early as labor day (which if I had known I would have gotten a tree for my birthday!) to pick out their trees, mark them, and then come back the weekend after Thanksgiving to pick them up! So we picked out a great tree, and I can rest assured knowing that it is safe and growing and getting ready to be cut and sit in my living room!
This is all silly I know, but Its getting me in the mood for the holidays!!!
1 comment:
I used foam board to back the letters and ALOT of hot glue. I will post the other pics of the other projects too!
Post a Comment