Since I have become a mother, and made many amazing momma friends, and over and over again we have conversations about our messes. How we act ashamed and embarrassed when our houses - or our lives in general- are a big fat mess. There are still a few friends I have that I am not totally positive that their houses ever get as messy as mine, but for most women I know, their houses are a mess much of the time just like mine. However, I have definately been plauged by the momma guilt syndrome and have spent many a early morning or late late night cleaning like there's no tomorrow because a friend is coming over the next day. Now there is nothing wrong with keeping a neat house, I absolutely love it when my house is clean, it is so peaceful and I do try. BUT- somedays it just aint gonna happen- or you are faced with the choice of cleaning or doing something much more important. Some days Gabe barely naps and if I don't spend that little time giving some undivided attention to Grace she may get none at all that day. Yesterday was one of those days. And I am going out on a limb here and am showing pictures to prove it!! And I say prove it because in the past I have done a pretty good job at hiding my mess, I have heard mom's claim that they've never seen my house a mess, when really I bet most of the time mine is way messier then theirs!! (and plus we live in Independence so I usually have a good head start to clean up when someone is coming over :)

Ok so here they are! This is the beggining of what I call "Messy House Ministries"
And as I look at these, I will ASSURE you that even this is not the messiest my house has ever been!
1 comment:
I hope you don't clean for me ever!
Post a Comment