I keep going back and forth between daydreaming of the future. Even just six months down the road; when Gabe will be sitting up, he can play with a toy byhimself for a little while, eat some food and give his mama a break from oh so frequent feedings, and hopefully be sleeping through the night. Some moments I live there. hanging on to the promise of life returning to normal again. Sleep, a clean house, time to talk to my husband, time to shower. But then I think; my precious babies are changing so much every day. Grace is adorable and fun and everyday cracks me up and surprises me with sharing her cute almost three year old thoughts. And I look at Gabe and think of how quicker than I can imagine he will be a three year old. I wont be able to hold him whenever I want, or kiss his cute little nose. It's funny how before your second child is born you can't imagine loving anyone as much as your first, but when your second arrives your heart really just does make room, or grows, however you want to look at it. I remember now, feeling this way with Grace, this baby love. It is so fun, it's like when you first start dating someone. I am falling in love with him. Today I enjoyed the fact that he is so enamored with my face. All he wants to be entertained is for me to talk to him. He doesn't smile at toys or the T.V just a loving face, and I love that that is all he needs. So I am in this weird state of joy and survival. The past two days I have had very ugly moments where a crying baby mixed with a nagging toddler caused me to lose my cool and yell at Grace. The sad/scared look on her poor little face, caused me an extreme amount of mommy guilt- which I just tossed onto the pile I was already carrying around due to my inability to maintain a clean house, get dinner on the table or remember to get my husband an anniversary card. The house and dinner can go to the trash, I care but not as much as I do about being a good mommy to Grace. I decided I need to do two things. One - put her in time out when she mis-behaves. That way I don't get frusterated and mad, the problem is taken care of minus my emotions. Two- do one thing for myself each day and get out of the house once a week kiddo free. You can ask me how this turns out later. Today I am blogging right now instead of cleaning and tomorrow I am going somewhere without the kiddos, haven't decided where, but I'm doing it- and ordered by josh - guilt free. Sometimes right now I feel like I am just barely hanging on, barely surviving- but I love the things God is teaching me; about sacrafice, love, family, joy, friendship, and trusting him. Oh what a season this is!
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
She is so my daughter!
Eating
painting
The lovely grandmas
Getting ready to pray with Monte
He Proposed!
The Bride's tea party
The Family
JR's Wedding
The guys
Fourth of July
Feeding ducks and fish
flowers
The Cast is OFF!!
At the pool having a juice break
My all american girl!
Giving Josh "advice"
Grace at the zoo!
Looking at the fish with Daddy!
Bridal Party
throwing rocks at fish...whoops
Josh and his fish!
So happy!
My Favorite pic in the world!
Our trip
Enjoying the ride
Cake!
The dress
On Easter playing with bubbles!
our deer friend Penelope
Our trip
over the mountain we go!
Playing at the snow park!
She's my little country girl!
The adventure begins
Dressed for the first day of spring!
The Perfect Night!
1 comment:
awww. Lucas has just stared sitting up lat week and I LOVE IT! It definately makes life easier! He can entertain himself a little bit! He is still waking up a few times a night though! :( Ahh but he is growing and changing so much and its getting more and more fun to see his personality!
Hang in there mama! :)
Post a Comment