



So we've been meaning to get rid of binkis for good for a while now. I would have even done it a long time ago but we've moved three times in the past year, tried potty training several times and then moved to a big girl bed just recently. I wanted to pick the perfect time, not a time with any other big changes. (Also meaning it needed to be done pre-baby brother!)
Every once in a while Grace still wakes up crying needing me to dig her binki out of her covers so she can have it, and well I decided that I don't need to be doing that any more. Plus waking up to feed an infant and to find my toddlers binki at the same time doesn't sound appealing!
So we were planning on going to the toy store this weekend and "exchanging" it for a toy and leaving it there forever. But tonight she decided her binki was yucky, which it was, and wanted a new one from the grocery store. So after a bit of hesitation we decided to go for it without a trip to the toy store. (But don't worry she will be getting her toy just later this weekend!) And I know this is a really long stupid blog to just be about a binki, but tonight was really sad for me! When she asked me to go get her a new binki at the store I almost started crying with her, tempted to fight off yet another step towards big girliness right along with her. But we didn't. Grace bravely took her binki to the garbage and threw it way. Saying on the way back to her bed "I am a big girl". So we'll see how the night goes I'll give you an update. I just needed to blogtherapize! I am glad to get rid of what we've lately deemed the "stinky binki" but just a little sad that my baby is growing up!
(and yes I did fish that binki out of the garbage for a memento!)
2 comments:
One thing-binkies are way easier to get rid of than a thumb! I'm much more of a fan of them than thumbsucking-esp in my profession!
Good! Im glad to hear that and from a dentist!
Post a Comment