I am loosing my mind!!! I know it's pregnancy brain or whatever you want to call it, and I even know why it happens (and supposedly I'm supposed to be eating more fish) but it's getting bad! This afternoon I put Grace down for her nap and was going to check my email, so I went to the bathroom where I had left the monitor that morning, and instead of grabbing her monitor I grabbed my deodorant and set it beside my computer like it was the monitor for like 1/2 an hour! It wasn't till I got up to do something else that I realized I had been "listening" to my deodorant for 30 minutes!!!! And this morning Grace and I went to Salem to do some grocery shopping, and I got lost 4 times!!! Now, those of you who know me may be laughing because I have zero sense of direction and get lost all the time. However, this was going to and from Costco, somewhere I've driven like a hundred times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyways! I'm sure I need to be drinking more water too because I'm getting a headache every time I stand up...not good!
I'm just about finished making Grace's dress!!!! It doesn't look amazing, it kind of has that "my mom made me this dress and it took her hours so I have to wear it even though it fits funny" look to it. But come Easter she'll be wearing it!!!!!
Also, just thought I'd stand on my soap box for a sec. As I was driving back into Independence this morning I passed a church with a memo board outside that said "Easter shouldn't be the only Sunday you rise to go to Church" !!!!!!!!! I had no words! I was appalled! Ok, I have a hope that everyone God has created would know him and seek him 365 days of the year (myself included) BUT Easter is one of those holidays that many who don't dawn the door of a church the rest of the year do. Whether out of guilt, tradition, family obligation or a true bit of soul or God searching.......and do you think that JESUS who chose prostitutes, crooks and un-educated fisherman to be his posse, his disciples, his first church, his best friends would greet people at the door of his Church any day of the year, like that???? With his arms crossed saying "where have you been all year long!" NO freaking way! He would have his arms open ESPECIALLY on Easter because on Easter we celebrate the cross (and the fact that he got off) and even on the cross he had his arms wide open! ARGGGG!
On another note Josh and I went to Portland this past weekend and stayed a night in a hotel and left Gracie with her papa and grammy. We were a bit nervous to leave because she had a fever, but she was great and had lots of fun. (In fact I cried once for her and she never cried for us!!)
While we were there Josh and I fell in love with a Portland we never new! We stayed in Hotel Deluxe a renovated older boutique hotel that has a classic Hollywood theme. It's near the pearl district and the knob hill neighborhood. It was great! We walked a ton and ate a ton and enjoyed what a unique city it is as well as what a unique state we live in! We've been to Portland many times but never to what I now consider the heart of it. It was Portland at its best, and I can't wait to go back! We came back ready to see Grace, and very refreshed! (p.s next time you're in Portland you have to go to Mother's for breakfast. It's in between 2ND and 3RD, maybe on Hawthorne? I don't remember but look it up, best breakfast I've ever had and the cutest little restaurant!! Ok I have to go make dinner, sorry so long! I am going to try to post pics but my camera is acting up!!!!
2 comments:
GREAT job making Grace a dress. That is so sweet of you. I would love to do that one day for my girls!
And super funny about "pregnancy mind." :-)
Funny. I just did a post about Billy and I staying in Portland this week. We also had a great time.
Post a Comment