So Grace and I have been batteling it out for a day and a half. Normally, I would not give up on something hard after only this short amount of time. But I've said before that I don't beleive in forcing my child to use the potty, and against my inner mom voice and better judgement that's what I've done today! She is interested in the potty, she loves her new undies and she's even willing to sit on the potty and try - for like ever- while we read books or sing songs or whatever. But one, she will sit on the potty, literally, for 45 minutes not go, get up and pee like crazy 2 minutes later in her undies, so I don't think she knows yet when she needs to go, which I believe could be teachable. However, she really really doesn't like going in the potty. Sorry for oversharing but she has been holding in a poop since yesterday morning! Im not kidding, I know she needs to go, she's uncomfortable and she keeps tooting (grace I am sorry if you are reading this one day and completely mortified!) and earlier on the potty she accidentally did poop a little and I showed her and got all excited for her and she LITERALLY CLIMBED OVER ME OUT OF THE BATHROOM SCREAMING! Im not joking, so then I was like forcing her to sit on the potty which is something I said I would never do even before I even had kids! ARGGG! Anyways by lunch time we were both a puddle of tears, which by the way me crying totally freaked her out too. So I plopped her in front of the TV in a diaper and sat in the bathroom and blubbered like a baby. And while I was blubbering I did realize that there are worse things and that she will not be wearing diapers when she's 12, but I just felt like such a failure. I didn't understand why other moms could do this and I couldn't. I mean this is our FOURTH time trying to potty train. But after a good talk with both my mom and my husband I know that I did the best I could and so did she, and that I really don't get to decide when she's ready. I know that alot of this had to do with my pride too, I wanted her to be potty trained like other kids her age, I didn't want to have two kiddos in diapers and I liked the idea of not buying diapers for a few months. But again, there are worse things, and making her and myself completely miserable with the only things to show for our efforts is a pee covered carpet and puffy eyes....its just not worth it.
My mom says this is one of those things you forget about later on , like labor......I sure hope so!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
She is so my daughter!
Eating
painting
The lovely grandmas
Getting ready to pray with Monte
He Proposed!
The Bride's tea party
The Family
JR's Wedding
The guys
Fourth of July
Feeding ducks and fish
flowers
The Cast is OFF!!
At the pool having a juice break
My all american girl!
Giving Josh "advice"
Grace at the zoo!
Looking at the fish with Daddy!
Bridal Party
throwing rocks at fish...whoops
Josh and his fish!
So happy!
My Favorite pic in the world!
Our trip
Enjoying the ride
Cake!
The dress
On Easter playing with bubbles!
our deer friend Penelope
Our trip
over the mountain we go!
Playing at the snow park!
She's my little country girl!
The adventure begins
Dressed for the first day of spring!
The Perfect Night!
2 comments:
You are a good mom, Leslie! Don't ever think otherwise.
-beka
Agreed! You are a fabulous mom and you're right, Grace won't be in diapers at 12, she'll be ready soon enough and then it will probably happen very fast!
You're doing great!
Post a Comment