We've made the switch! (not from cable to digital) but from baby bed to big girl bed. We are planning to potty train soon (for hopefully the last time:) and I thought I should take away anything that could interfere with that, including sleeping in a play pen. As I took her bed down this morning and hid it away I found myself really sad! I've been told twice now that soon I will have another baby and will go through all of this again, but it's still sad. She's still my baby but is becoming a little girl! Anyways, I secretly got rid of her baby bed and put it out of site and made up her big girl bed after breakfast. It's just a mattress on the floor now, but soon it will be a real bed. We showed her her big girl surprise and then took her swimming at the indoor pool in town. (1. To celebrate because there are few things she loves more than swimming, and 2. to get her totally wiped out so that when nap time came around she wouldn't care where she was sleeping....she doesn't do to well with change....like someone I know;) It actually went pretty well! I was kind of nervous for a while, I kept telling her we were going swimming to celebrate her sleeping in her big girl bed and she would say "no!". But I think she just thought I was telling her she had to go to bed right then. We'll just have to see, she napped fine, and we just put her down for the night. She seemed to like it, but we'll see how long it takes her to figure out that she can now get up whenever she wants to. I was trying to wait until I made it to trimester number 2 and would get some energy back but the poor girl was touching each end of the bed when sleeping straight!
Anyways, its just the first of many of the big girl transitions to come. I am both excited for her and proud of her, but I'm still going to be a tiny bit sad every time she sheds some of her babyness!
3 comments:
Big bed time is such fun! My boys have done pretty well with it, but I waited as long as possible before I attempted the switch. Excited to hear the sex of the new little one!
Now that its been a week or so, how is Grace doing in her big girl bed?
good! She still doesn't know she can just get up! and I'm not going to teach her!!
Post a Comment